Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Halfway!

I have to say, I'm shocked at how well this is going! I've never felt 'hungry', deprived, or stressed about my food. In Week One I had cravings out the wazoo, but nothing mind bending, except my success & this odd feeling of...happiness.

With that being said, there are things I can tweak, change, and execute MUCH better! I'd really like to tighten up my final two weeks:

The daily 3pm sugar crave! I've been eating a Primal Pac & RxBar (which, together, are 700 calories!), and an Apple. My body is craving sugar, and I think I need to starve that bitch out! I'm now going to bring a daily protein to eat at that time, have my Apple before lunch, and save the Primal Pac & RxBar in my briefcase for emergencies.

I need to stop having double-dinners. I'm hungry when I get home from work at 6pm, so I'll have a 'heavy snack', and then a 'real dinner' around 7:30 or 8pm. I need to not eat so late, and I need to eat just once in the evening. The protein at 4pm may help, and I might try to push lunch later, too.

I need to follow through on my commitment to try two new recipes a week! I need to finish this W30 with half a dozen go-to recipes.

Prep, prep, and more prep! Having 'leftover' stuff in the fridge to easily combine & heat has been a magnificent success. Need more of that!

Exercise has been lackluster. My right knee has been hurting, so I'm reluctant to do too much walking, and the Aqua Fit classes can be tough to get to on-time during the week. Recommitting to three gym visits, at least two of which are Aqua Fit.

No comments: