Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2019

The Weekend Update

So, first of all, the good news. I'm down 26.8lbs!!! Woo-Hoo! For two months progress, that's not bad for just 8 weeks! That's about 3.3lbs per week, and that's astounding!

As far as the Sodium thing goes ... yeah .... I feel like figuring that out helped a few things 'click', but I still need to figure out how to put it into practice. Short term wins? My beloved Frank's Wing Sauce (460mg / tbl spoon) was a Whole 30 staple - but it's a MASSIVE hit of Sodium! So, two almost-new bottles hit the trash. In it's place? Well, the green hot sauce I fell in love with at Real Urban BBQ (Pain Is Good - Jalepeno Pepper Sauce) is fabulously on-plan! Not only is it Whole 30 compliant, but it's super low Sodium!

My other big easy win was breakfast - while I loved my Dunkin bowl & Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls, they were both massive Sodium hits. So, I made my old egg cups with my super high quality US Wellness Meats Breakfast Sausage, and I'm in GREAT shape!

Today's breakfast & supplements - a total of 156mg of Sodium.

Last week's breakfast w/ Dunkin Bowl & Franks - more than 2200mg of Sodium!

Oddly, the carbs & calories stay pretty much even - so it's just the processed food I have to watch out for.

Jimmy John's Gargantuan Unwich (4989mg) - I will miss you!

No comments: