Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Everything Old is New Again

So, after my carb-eriffic weekend, my Tuesday weigh-in is UP 1.2lbs.

Ugh.

That tells me I have a much thinner margin of error than I'd thought, which is disappointing now AND in the near future. It tells me that my future plateau is both closer & tougher than I'd hoped.

So ... what's the plan? Well, setting my grumpy-fit aside for a moment, it's all the same old battle, right? My carb counts are up, and I'm battling the 4th (and 5th?) meal conundrum.

I love the Nutrient Optimizer / Chronometer approach (getting adequate nutrition will satisfy cravings), but GOOD LORD it's complicated, and I fear I may just be too much of a #metabolichotmess to ride that train just yet.

I need to focus on the basics. I love my daily 'big bag of berries', but that's 25 carbs, right off the bat. I need to focus on an 'old school' low carb approach, perhaps keeping it Whole 30-ish (real, whole food, no dairy or grains). AND ... I need to revisit my idea of pushing brekkie to 10 or 11am, so that lunch can be at 2 or 3pm, allowing me to hit a 7 or 8pm dinner without a 4th meal in that 4 to 6pm zone.

Grumble, grumble ... me & my headache are gonna sit here & pout for a few hours before I stomp off down Franklin Street to the damn salad bar place. It'll be a joy, I'm sure! Wanna meet there? ;-)

No comments: