Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Wednesday’s Report

Heart Rate & Rhythm: Good!
Daily Steps: Getting There
Food Intake: Good Progress
Sleep Tracking: Need to Start

I'm so pleased that my heart is still in good sync! What a gift!!! I know the Doc wants to check me in for a few days & load me up on a new medication - but managing my health & fitness is still the end-goal. Right now I feel pretty good, and I'm progressing - so I'm pretty happy.

My daily steps are improving. As I near the end of Week Two at the New Job, the daily walk is getting easier. Starting this walk with two weekends of soccer tournament attendance with a wheelchair-bound wife had me feeling bruised, beaten, and needing more than just ibuprofen! I'm reviewing which good shoes help & hurt. The collection needs some heartless curation! In short, the round-trip office-walk seems to be netting me between 6 & 7,000 steps per day, and this is a significant increase for the first time in several years. I figure if I add one daily puppy-walk around the block, I'm good-to-go, and will be in the 10k zone. Trying to progress slow enough to not injure myself, but pushing it enough each day to feel my lungs hitting that 'steel band' that feels like is holding them back. Everyday my lung capacity increases just a bit, and feels like it stretches that band incrementally, allowing more volume. In a few weeks we can talk about adding back Aqua Fit.

My food intake is, as it's always been, my one big, core issue. Low Carb is tough - I am absolutely addicted to highly refined carbs, and my brain's reward circuits NEVER forget, and they NEVER relent. I feel like a guerrilla fighter, trying to outsmart & outmaneuver my own brain. It's exhausting. However, I keep trying to remember how great I felt in 2015 / 2016, and I keep reassuring myself that it'll feel SO awesome to get back there.

My sleep progress? Blackout curtains are a marvel. White noise is a joy. I need to find ways to make these more permanent! My overall hours are too low, and I end up falling asleep on the train, both morning & night. This is Not Good! I need a better bedtime, and I need to figure out how to reduce (or mitigate) evening blue light from the TV & various screens. My nightly Natural Calm (magnesium citrate) is good, and I want to back off my nightly 5mg of Melatonin.

Anyway ... that's it for now. Progress, not perfection! ;-)

No comments: