Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2019

Sweet Baby Jesus, THANK YOU!!!

As recently as early May, my weight was still climbing. I peaked at 475. Previously, my peak was 440, back in 2013 / 14, back before I started my first Whole 30. When I was 440, I was freaked out due to being exactly twice the man I was when I got off active duty at 220lbs. Needless to say, I was upset to see I'd recently exceeded that record by 35lbs. I was heavy enough that I could only weigh myself at the Dr's office. Regular scales max out 125lbs below my weight. So, not only am I upset about my record weight, I have to have it witnessed by a Physician's Assistant.

Ugh.

10-ish days ago, I got a new scale - one with a max rating at nearly twice my weight! It was a 'dumb' scale, with no Bluetooth, and no integration with anything. I was pleased that my initial weight on it was roughly 10lbs lower than the Dr's office, but I knew that could merely be a difference in calibration.

So, seeing my weight down AGAIN today? This was a definite victory! This was validation that what I'm doing is WORKING.

Thank goodness. It's just too exhausting to keep trying SO hard & having no results.

Onward!

No comments: