Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A little bowl of happiness...


Dinner
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man
We all know the big first step is getting out there and doing ANYTHING phyical, right?

This time of year, we all have resolutions, and hit it quick & hard. The typical problem is we do too much, too quick, as if we think we're still 22.

Or 30.

We get sore, get frustrated, or God forbid - an injury; and next thing you know it's been 30 days since your last workout. Then you feel guilty, and next thing you know you're hiding in closet, calling the Domino's delivery dude.

How many of us have tried to hide pizza boxes under other stuff inside the trash can?

For me, excercise (apart from being tough to spell), only brings me success when it's more about what I WANT to do, and less about what I feel I SHOULD do.

My inner-Marine wants to run 3 miles in the mud, do 100 pushups, 100 leg-raises, and climb ropes with a heavy backpack, pound on my chest like an ape & yodel.

Yeah, 'aint gonna happen, Skippy...

45 minutes on the elliptical machine with a HR @ 145 while watching an episode of CHUCK feels like I'm a brass-plated WUSS - but is MUCH MORE realistic, and (at my horrid weight) is the best way to get an good workout while avoiding injury.

Maybe the Bally's employees won't mind if I yodel, anyway?

No comments: