Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Critical Gear - Sport Watch

The Sport Watch is arguably one of my most important tools.

Used EVERY time I go to the gym, it keeps me on track - but MUCH more important - it tells me when I'm doing too much! Generally, I try to keep my cardio Heart Rate (HR) between 135 & 155, and general weightlifting between 120 & 135.

Programmable for age, & weight, it also includes a 30 day fitness evaluation tool. Every 30 days it puts me through a simple 15 minute easy/medium/hard workout to determine my fitness level. This feature allows for a fairly accurate calculation on "calories burned".

Once every 3 months with a fresh eval, I wear the watch for 24 hours while doing nothing special. This gives me a fairly accurate number of calories burned in one day, which is critical to know when planning menus.

More on THAT later...!

No comments: