Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Critical Gear - Workout Boards


photo.jpg
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man
Like much of my gear & routine - this is an important component that evolved over time.

One for "Uppers", and one for "Lower" body. Each one is a 5 x 8 "magnet" board, which I found at The Dollar Store. I Xeroxed workout pages from my Body For Life book, and "laminated" them onto the boards using carefully trimmed clear packing tape. This gives an easily cleanable surface that can be marked & re-marked time & time again with old-fashioned grease pencils. I found the grease pencils at Home Depot, in the tile department, of all places.

I use one color to detail the actual weight & reps used during the workout, and another color to set the next workout's goal weight. The plan is to do three sets, trying for 15 reps in each set. Once 15/15/15 is achieved, add one more weight brick to the workout.

Lowers:
Quads
Hams
Calves
Abs (which I hate)

Uppers:
Chest
Shoulders
Back
Triceps
Biceps
Abs (Technically only supposed to be on "Lowers", but since I hate them so much, they are included again)

Each workout has a section to record that day's cardio & other assorted workout notes.

No comments: