Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Critical Gear - iPod & Sport Headphones

The last bit of critical gear (besides the obvious things like workout clothes, a gym membership, and good sneakers).

I like the Video iPod & the Sport headphones that squish into the ear canal like ear-plugs (no noise reduction needed, & GREAT bass response!).

I got an el-cheapo pair of headphones at Radio Shack ($6.00) just for the spiffy case - my $100 headphones getting constant tangles really pissed me off.

For the iPod I got a beefy rubber case from Speck Industries that will guarantee I never drop it. Without a case, I'm sure I'd have smashed it several times over by now! (It's a long drop to the concrete off the elliptical machine)

On the iPod I have several workout mixes, a selection of music videos from the 80's, and a few TV shows. Originally the TV shows were going to be my salvation, but I like the music better as the beat helps keep me on track. The music videos are the best compromise!

Find whatever works for you - to make it as fun as possible!

No comments: