Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Feeling like a kid at camp


Top Down....in the rain...
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man.

Friday: FFO day one

I stayed up a bit later Thursday night, taking Azzie for a quick spin to confirm the radiator would hold.

It held.

I was so relieved, elated, excited, and was generally just bouncing off the walls. This reaction was the total opposite of the low I'd felt just 24 hours before, and I had all my new Fiat friends to thank for this.

I was so damn happy...

Now I was noticing things like the several hundred engine-oil-handprints all over the windshield, the poor installation position of the dash-mounted rear-view mirror, the mis-adjusted side mirrors - all THREE of which guaranteed I couldn't see anything behind me. Which was fine, because I couldn't see through the windshield either!

It was just so nice to be able to drive her.

I fell into bed, totally and completely exhausted around midnight. Tossing and turning, I woke up at 5am, unable to contain my excitement.

My Spider runs!

I'm at Fiat Freak Out!

I shower, dress, head to breakfast, clean the windshield, adjust the mirrors, and I'm first in line to get ready for the morning's cruise.

In the rain.

I, of course, put the top down anyway...

I knew it was going to be a damn good day.

I couldn't stop smiling.

No comments: