Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Well, shit ...

It's not an official diagnosis, but my my $0.99 iPhone App tells me I'm back in A-Fib.

Crap, crapper, crappity crap!

This just makes everything harder, more complicated, and adds a shit-ton of expense. Ugh! And things were going so well!

No big huge stressor event to kick me over this time. I just spent a week busting my ass with sweat dripping from my nose - but all that felt good and WAS good!

Was it too much caffein? Too much processed lunch meat? Too few vegetables?

No ... while I've always felt caffeine was a risk factor, the Cardiac Doc's disagree. They feel alcohol is a big contributor, and admittedly, I've had (maybe) four beers in the last two & half months.

Seriously!

If there was a trigger (and it could be totally random), my money is on the Sudafed I recently started taking due to the onset of my Autumn Seasonal Allergies. The irony is that crap didn't even really help!

Now I have to go back to the Doc, he has to run an official EKG (no iPhone apps there!), then I have to be on blood thinner for at least 30 days, then we check me in for a weekend, keep me on constant monitoring in the Cardio ward, load me up on the new Meds, and then give me the big reboot shock to get me back in rhythm.

That'll be a shockingly (pun intended)expensive weekend, and if past experience is a good guide, due to new insurance from my new job - I'll have all new deductibles - and in the end I'll owe about 5k.

Just in time for the holidays, and the end of year reset on deductibles!

Yeah! Winning!

No comments: