Search This Blog

Sunday, August 04, 2019

How it's done


From May 1st through August 3rd, I lost almost exactly 30lbs!  2.3lbs a week!  

You can also see I've cut my average daily Sodium intake by 40%!

How?  By paying attention every damn day!  

I can't always immediately log my food, so I try to take pictures of everything I eat.  That way I can catch up at the end of the day.  Everyday I'm reading, researching, and listening to podcasts.  It's a constant, ongoing process, and make no mistake, I have a LONG way to go!

I fact, if I loose 10 more pounds, I'll be at my previous high, where I started my fabulous weight loss in 2014.  It may feel like a well worn path, but I learn something each time I pass this way.  When I get back down to 300lbs, that'll finally be an unfamiliar neighborhood, a place I've not seen in decades.  I was "almost" there in 2015.  I'm leery of making goals, since The Gods of Fate & Destiny so enjoy laughing at me; and weight loss is funny - you just have to do all the right things and let it come off at the pace it chooses.  

However, it'd be cool to combine a few things.  In May of 2021 I will cross a personal Rubicon, into territory unknown - I will have outlived my father.  It'd be great to honor him with hitting a goal weight by then.  If I'm going to outlive him, I may as well be the best version of myself, which bless his heart, he never doubted.

That's 22 months, or 94 weeks to loose 200 lbs.  Thats 2.13lbs per week, for nearly 2 years!  My knee jerk reaction is that's INSANE.  I "know" I can't do that each week - sure, some may be a good bit more, but I'm going to stall & hit plateaus.  That's just how it goes.

…but it'd be cool, wouldn't it?  And a damn big challenge has always been fun!

No comments: