Search This Blog

Monday, April 09, 2012

Great White Buffalo...

I tried to buy this car twice.

 

It’s an early ’72, with a smooth hood, the ’71 style engine bay lights, a nicely ‘warmed up’ 2000cc motor, a lovely Nardi steering wheel, a Veglia volt gauge, later ‘Turbo’ style rims, a lovely black interior, and while I don’t care for the white paint, it’s got the ‘period correct’ Fiat side decal.  It’s a great, lovely car.

 

The first time it was up for sale was 2008, and the owner decided to keep it.  I then went off & found my current ’74 project-spider.  He granted me ‘first right of refusal’, which in July of 2011, he forgot, and he sold it for LESS than he’d offered it the first time.  I always wondered if the current owner wanted to flip it – he’s offering it on the cusp of spring, and it’ll be interesting to see what it sells for.

No comments: