Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

...like I need another hole in my head...!

Saturday, 4/21, we had our club “tech day” at Autosprint, which was as fun & lovely as it always is.  However, when I got there, Josephine said something about Giovanni having “something to show me”, which always makes me nervous! 

He made me close my eyes, and took me back to his rear outside area, and showed me this car.  He was very excited, knowing I loved unusal Fiats, and he’d heard me say that I’ve always wanted a 124 coupe.

This one found him.

It was a 1975, the last year they were made.  In storage for 18 years with just 66,000 miles on it.  ZERO rust!  Very solid, very straight, a pretty darn complete!  It has the huge ugly Federal bumpers, and some holes in the hood from a misguided air scoop installation, but this car could be VERY pretty, very quickly.

…and it’s already running!  It had dual carbs, and some very cool looking headers.  It fires right up, and idles very, very smoothly.

No comments: