Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

'71 Coupe in Cali

From the seller:  Hello, selling my 124BC Sport Coupe, it runs well and drives fine. The main issues are the usual rusty 70's Fiat 124 coupe issues, bottom edge of back glass, corner of front glass, rocker panel front corner, trunk lid..I have a non-rusty replacement trunk lid as well as a good lower rear glass sheetmetal area that was intended to be grafted in. The car has an 1800 engine block and the original 1608 head. It got a light rebuild of piston rings, seals, bearings, timing belt, tensioner etc..It alslo has a later Bosch alternator. Gearbox works well. The interior is ok in general, usable, a 6 or 7 out of 10. The Cromodora wheels are NOT included, I have the original steel wheels/ hubcaps that will be on the car, with good tires on them. I bought it in Orinda a few years ago and resurrected it, from the original owners son. I have the window sticker for it too, having been sold new in Oakland. These are super rare cars nowadays, hard to find a survivor. Currently non-opped, it's in Mountain View. $1000 or best offer!

I’ve always wanted a coupe, though I’ve never driven one.  My very first Spider had a 1608 engine, and I loved it.  This car seems fairly rusty, for a California car, I’d certainly want to check the undersides.  However, it’s a complete car, nice interior, early bumpers, and it runs & drives, for $1,000!  I think it’s good to keep that in mind when I’m waiting to hear a number on Giovanni’s coupe.

No comments: