Search This Blog

Monday, April 02, 2012

1969 California Spider

From the ad:

 

I have a pretty clean and original spider. The motor in the car is bad but I have a good running motor ready to be put in it. I have an extra tranny, and a hole extra car that goes with the 69 car. I have rims, roll bar etc. that I will part with. If you put the time and installed the running motor in the 69 car, it would be worth around 6 grand for what I’ve been told.

 

This ad disappeared from Craig’s List within six hours, and I totally understand why!  With almost no pictures, and very little text, it was apparent that this car was all but rust-free & complete.  This would have been a deal at HALF the price, even without the other parts-car & motor.

 

I really considered buying this car sight unseen, and having it delivered via flatbed to KD at Wine Country Motors in Napa for rehab.  He’d have it sorted out in time for me to fly out there in July, to drive with the Bay Area Fiat guys up the coast to the Oregon event.  Driving it back to Chicago would have been an adventure in & of it’self, and I’d have been able to cross off two items on my Life’s T-Do list.

 

Ah, California … perhaps next time.

 

No comments: