Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clyde has been a big help. Seriously.

So, my new Health & Fitness routine has the buy-in of my little buddy, Clyde.

I'm sure you were worried!

First, I noticed around week 3 or 4 that my energy level had increased to the point where I was LOOKING to do things that previously felt like a lot of work.

Like walking.

Now, every night, The Clydester gets a 1.5 mile walk. He LOVES it! In fact, he looks forward to it so much, that any time I approach the 'zone of leash', he gets all twirl-around-happy. Laundry can be a real disapointment for him, being withing the 'zone-of-leash'.

The other thing I noticed in that first month, was what I refer to as "TV Avoidance". I was finding other things to do, because when in front of the TV, I get munchy, and crave "The Crunchy".

Not much crunchy stuff on Atkins.

Lots of meat, cheese, eggs and such - but no bread (toast), or any chips, or any sort of potato/corn/flour based products whatsoever.

So, since I craved that, I was avoiding the situation.

Then I figured out a neat compromise! Tuna salad with celery sticks! I use the celery as crunchy-eating-sticks, and the tuna salad has yummy bacon bits and shredded cheddar - and TUNA for the important omega 3's.

...and Clyde likes it so much, he helps with the dishes...

No comments: