Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

...and Little Blue Car is sold



Originally uploaded by The Put-Man
It's amazing how quickly the warm glow of yesterday's adventure turns into yesteryear's history.

It really wasn't long ago that I bought this car. I dragged it to the 24th annual Fiat Freak Out in Detroit in 2007, about 6 weeks after purchasing it - took it there non-functional! Fiat people helped me fix it in the parking lot of the hotel, and I got to enjoy the weekend DRIVING, made a flock of new friends, and was inspired enough to try starting my own club.

Flashing forward, my "new" club is entering it's third driving season with over 90 members, I've been to three Freak Outs, I'm on my 7th Spider, and while the Blue Car has been totally rebuilt & driven more than 20,000 miles - it's now off to a new home.

I have mixed emotions.

It's great that it's going to someone who wants to joing the club, keeping it "in the family". I'm glad it goes to a good home. I'm thrilled to have Spider #7 so close to being functional.

...but I'm gonna miss the comfortable familiarity, and fun driving of this car.

1 comment:

The Put-Man said...

The buyer backed out. Car now posted on Craig's List.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1386752337.html