Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2005

How I got a parking ticket in my own driveway...


Can you smell the organization?
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man.

A little background first...

I drive a Jeep. A very tough, manly, burly, kick-ass Jeep. (Because I NEED that on 4 mile commute to work?) I have a full hard top, a full soft top, and an open-air "safari" top. The hard top has been in my garage, blocking access to my workbench since April, and the "Safari" top proved Tuesday to have past it's season when I had SNOW in my driver's seat after work. So - in short - it was well past time to put the hardtop on the Jeep.

Thursday night I came home, pushed the Fiat out of the garage, and got everything prepped so that a few EXCELLENT friends could help pop the top on. (Thanks to Gil, Dan, and TR!) After it was all done, I was tired, and so I left the Fiat outside, figuring I needed to clean up the garage Saturday, why not do it all at once, right?

Well, the fussy neighbor apparently didn't like my rusty old car blocking the sidewalk, so he called it in. And I got a ticket in my own driveway. He's been crossed off my Christmas Card list.

No comments: