Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2023

We grow what we tend

I'm still mentally distilling my "Three for 23" goals, but one idea I'm chewing on is exactly this - what am I feeding my brain? Sure - mostly it's WORK, and that's so stressful that my downtime gets focused on "chill". That downtime is just a fragile chunk of an hour here, 30 minutes there ... but over the course of time, it adds up. Even at just an hour a day - 5 hours a week, that's 20 hours a month - damn near a whole DAY. At the end of the year it's TWO WEEKS.

What do I want from that time? Watch HGTV re-runs? Tabloid TV? No ...

How do I leverage this time to feed my soul? To work on my fitness! Work on my convertible! Read a book that lights my brain up?!?

It's an hour a day. Be careful with it. Someday you'll want that shit back! ;-)

No comments: