Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2023

Good Stuff - Crio Bru Cacao

So ... this stuff is VERY interesting!

First - the smell is pure heaven! Deep, rich chocolate, like you smell in dreams, but almost never smell in real life. So, I thought that would drive the taste? I din't want "hot chocolate" ... but damn, it smells good! It has to steep for 8 minutes, so it REALLY got me anticipating!!!

Steep for 8, stir, wait another minute, then gently press. To facilitate easy, slow sipping, I use my Ember mug to keep it warm - right at 145°.

First sip - it doesn't remotely give a "hot choc" vibe. It's good - and now I "get" the coffee substitute intention. No deep, dark, angry coffee flavor - this is light, and the choco-aroma makes it decidedly "happy", somehow. It's not 'weak', but it also won't drive my Tums consumption.

If I added milk & sugar, it might give more "hot-choc" vibe, but that's not my intention. This is definitely a treat, and interesting, and fun ... might have to try adding a scoop of good coffee grounds to the mix?

No comments: