Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

...and then I turned 49

What a birthday! How lucky am I??? Wowzers - I'd like to thank the fantastic & enthusiastic crowd of Friends who took the time today to wish me Happy Birthday!

With most of my blood relatives on the high seas & beyond the reach of technology, it was nice to have so many of you to 'fill the gap'!

I enjoyed my annual day of "Eating Many Bad Things", to the point where tomorrow's recommitment to healthy habits feels ... oddly comforting.

I had a great birthday dinner with my very favorite people, I got an unbelievably thoughtful & unexpected present, and I find myself filled with the warm glow of gratitude.

I'm ending the night with my annual piece of chocolate/chocolate cake, and a little Bourbon in one of my Grandfather's USNA glasses. To everyone near, far, and no longer with us - THANK YOU, today was a great birthday. Now it's just 364 days until I'm 50!!!!

No comments: