Search This Blog

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Notes on Style - Cold Weather

My Brooks Brothers scarf in Marine Corps colors, with a small gold USMC emblem on my dress coat collar. The emblem is just a re-purposed tie-tack, it had been gathering dust in my desk drawer for too many years, it's good to give it an excuse to see the light of day.

BTW - after several months of wearing this 'new-favorite' scarf, I've been honestly surprised at the comments people make. After all, working at an Education Company, one might be forgiven if people assumed it was collegiate colors, like ASU, or Seminoles, or some such. Nope. Perhaps knowing my history with The Marine Corps, people would make that connection? Sadly, no. All I hear are Harry Potter comments. Not that there is anything terribly wrong with Harry Potter, but honestly, how lazy is the mind that makes that connection? I'm a 300lb former Marine in my mid 40's, working in IT Management at an education company ... (sigh)

No comments: