Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

MWC Auto

This nice automatic watch is quickly becoming a new favorite. Previously, it had a Stainless Steel bracelet for a classic 'Rolex Submariner' look. It was a great look, but I feared it was poser-esq in that this watch is certainly NOT in the same class as a Rolex.

Then I found the Survival Straps website, and they had a new accessory, the Survival Strap watchband.

Made from 550lb Parachute Cord, the strap can be unraveled when needed in an unexpected survival situation. Custom colors, heavy-duty Stainless hardware, and a portion of the proceedes goes to support our combat veterans?

I also dig that they will re-weave it for free if you ever have to use it - all they ask is that you share your story.

All in all, pretty cool. Not for everyday wear, but I think it'll become my weekend 'knockaround' standard.

Semper Fi, Survival Straps! Well done.

No comments: