Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cubicle respite

I got these wonderful Bose noise canceling headphones a number of years ago when I was traveling for business quite often. I always lived how they put me inside my own 'audio cocoon', and made me feel like I had much more 'space'.

Then I transferred departments, and my travel ceased. I became a full-time cubicle dweller, and my need for constant background music annoyed a prickly co-worker so much, I began using headphones.

I used the cheap iPod headphones, as I got disapproving glances from my then-supervisor any time I wore them. It seemed that being able to enjoy work-time must have violated some personal ethics, or such nonsense, but I suffered on, bravely.

Now, several supervisors later, and three cubicle moves downstream, I find myself seated near several 'loud talkers". Lovely people, but very distracting.

On a whim, I brought in my old Bose noise-cancelers.

...Heaven...

No comments: