Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Call me "Jefe"


Chicagoland FLU
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man.


While I was at Fiat Freak Out '07, one of many people I got to meet was John Montgomery, the President of Fiat - Lancia Unlimited (FLU). He encouraged my enthusiasim for a Chicago Fiat club, and gave me some great ideas and insight.

Which of course, I took full advantage of.

Earlier this week, he gave me the offical word that I have been granted "Chapter Forming" status.

Check it out:
http://italiancar.meetup.com/46/

I started the MeetUp site to attract non-FLU members, as I "know" there are a TON of Fiat owners in the Chicago area who never signed up with a club that didn't even have a local area chapter. I also got lists of active and expired FLU memberships for the extended area.

Emails went out. Replies were recieved. The MeetUp site was tweaked. More emails went out.

Our first "meet & greet" BBQ was scheduled.

...and we have 15 RSVP's - about 12 people and 7 Fiats scheduled to get together.

...and that's just our FIRST event!

No comments: