Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

Five Years Apart

Memorial Day – 2007 & 2012

The first picture is ‘Bella”, my ’74 Spider I bought in ’99, that my Dad helped me get running in his front yard the summer before he died.  Within a month of this picture being taken, the car was declared structurally unsound due to rust, and she became a pile of used parts to be sold on the internet.

The second car is “The Beast”, my ’74 Spider I found in 2008.  I purchased the car from the original owner, it hadn’t been touched since 1977.  After several years of rebuilding every mechanical system on the car, I once again have a ’74 in my favorite color combo – but this time with the perfect ‘built’ engine, and other modifications.  I love it, but dang if I don’t still miss the old one…

1 comment:

The Put-Man said...

By the way, that's the exact same spot on the exact same dirt road...