Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2022

Keto Cereal is now a thing?

As I sit on the deck with my coffee, I wanted to take a moment & update y'all

The Keto cereal with Fairlife milk has become my new obsession! 230cal, 20g Protien, and just 24g Carbs!!!

We've been encouraging the kiddos to each cook one dinner a week. "Life Skills", right? [Soon we'll add Laundry & Paying Bills 🙂 ] Sunday night we try to have "family dinner", and everyone brings two ideas - and we collectively decide. Groceries delivered via Instacart / Shipt / Thrive Market. Our two nights w/out kiddos we eat out (Mom needs a break somwhere w/ wine), and the 7th night is "leftover buffet". We aren't going for "healthy", figuring that no fast food / processed food is a HUGE step forward.

Activity ... could be better, but one good thing has been a mind-shift around getting our steps. Rather than stressing on finding an hour block to walk 3 or 4 miles - we just do a couple of 15 minute "around the block" walks. No stress, no huge time commitment, better results.

My weight? Ugh. I put on pants recently for the first time (weeks? Months?) and they were snug. Belt was snug. I know I'm 'up', but I just can't bear to see the number. I'm hoping this weekend I can do an extended Fast, go for a long sweaty pedal ride, maybe take a big poop & get a decent readout on the scale.

The decision I'm dragging my heels on ... getting back to the gym. I liked Crossfit, but it was expensive, class times very tough with this job, and it wasn't very close." Maybe a regular gym with a Bootcamp class? Maybe an online trainer? Anyone try the "Future" app? Also downloaded TRX app and a trail-finder, but as yet have not even opened any of them.

Onwards!

No comments: