Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2021

A very odd mix of emotions …

Tried on my Dad's old top coat for the first time in 30+ years … and damn … it fits! The shoulders might even be a touch big, but I also don't want it feeling "fitted". I seem to recall my Mom having the lining replaced for Dad in the late 80's, and thankfully they retained the original label. Bristol, Va makes sense, as it's the city where I was born, and my Dad was an ETSU / UVa guy. Tried it on tonight over a blazer, and gosh - I suppose you can say something about DNA - the cut & fit is damn near perfect for me. When I realized a button was missing, I thought to myself that if it'd happened to me, I'd have put the button in a pocket for safekeeping - exactly where I found it! My weight loss journey has been amazing, but tonight I was gobsmacked into silence, feeling a deep connection to my long departed Dad.

Damn …

No comments: