Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Reset

My last update was nearly two months ago, and I've been quiet due to frustration & backsliding.

I get too wrapped up in numbers. Pounds lost, inches lost, macronutrients consumed, pace per mile...

...and I've come SO FAR! My journey has covered SO much territory that I lost track of my destination. I get SO wrapped up in where I've been, I'm not looking where I'm going. It's hard to navigate to your destination while looking in the rearview mirror.

Enough.

I lost nearly 130lbs, and when I hit the plateau I was SO wrapped up in what got me there that I couldn't figure out where to go.

I'd climbed down off the mountain, and while looking for the shore, I got lost in the flatlands.

Time to reset. I'm hitting the trip odometer & resetting my focus.

After all, who cares how far I came, if I go no further?

It's time to start fresh, from THIS point. The lessons I learned a year ago were GREAT, but they can't help me get past this point.

A roadmap of the mountains won't help when you hit the coast & have to start swimming.

Time to reset the trip odometer.

Time to start fresh.

Time to start a new journey...

No comments: