Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Commit to Celebrate



I was recently quite pleased to complete this 13.2 mile loop on my new bike.  Having lived in this area for nearly 12 years, I'm ashamed to admit I never realized that all these paths in all these parks are interconnected!  I'm now looking forward to riding this loop on a regular basis!

It was no small feat to get here, never mind the year of weight loss & Aqua Fit that made it even a *remote* possibility!  It's taken 5 bike rides of exploration over 50 miles, two flat tires, two different bikes, one swapped saddle, one bent seat-post, and the belated admission that I do (in fact) need a helmet.

This whole line of thinking made me realize I am just two weeks away from my One Year of amazing Health & Fitness transformation!  

What a great time to make a commitment to celebrate my anniversary!  But wait!  Upon further reflection, I'd like to up the ante...

A year ago, the month of September was my first Whole 30. I'd like to honor that with another 'September of Success' - and I'll bump the commitment up a notch by starting NOW - and let's make it seven weeks! 

For the next seven weeks, I commit to the following: 
1. 10,000 steps each weekday
2. Ride my bike 15 miles twice per week
3. I will lift weights twice each week
4. I will hit my Aqua Fit class twice each week
5. I commit to my 'squeaky clean' version of Paleo for the same 7 weeks!  

This kicks off my One Year anniversary celebration of success - and keeping that fight going STRONG through the end of this year! 

(I'd commit to these goals for the rest of the year, except that would virtually guarantee serious snowfall & cold temps!)

Who else has a crazy commitment of success they'd like to kick off in September?  It's the perfect time of year, Back To School, summer is ending, Autumn is right around the corner - the perfect season to embrace changing one's life.

No comments: