Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Whole 30, T minus 3 days

I am on the cusp of doing a Whole 30 to kickstart my re-entry into Paleo & "clean" eating.
>
> I am reading 'It Starts With Food', and I'm collecting recipe websites & purchasing foodstuffs I'll need.
>
> I'm trying to go W30 for the week leading up to my official kick-off, figuring out what will work & what I'll need to re-think.
>
> Yesterday, the wheels came off the bus.
>
> I had my Whole Foods Sausage with Chollula for breakfast, and I wasn't even hungry when I got to the office.
>
> But, donuts!
>
> A vendor brought in some lovely, high-end pastries. There was one, a swirl pastry with a honey glaze & chocolate goo covering ... that spoke to my primal Lizard Brain that's a total sugar junkie.
>
> I'd like to say I couldn't help myself, but it went deeper than that.
>
> I had a great salad for lunch, but by 3pm I 'had to' have the last crappy stale donut, and a bag of cheddar sun chips.
>
> By the time I got home I was exhausted, headachy, and VERY grumpy.
>
> Dinner was too late, although I had an on-plan snack of leftover steak & grilled chicken with parm.
>
> Dinner included fries with BBQ sauce, and a mini oreo milk shake.
>
> I went to bed angry & ashamed.

No comments: