Search This Blog

Saturday, July 07, 2012

An old favorite

...it's nice to have this old belt repaired, and back in the rotation.

This might be the second, or third time I've taken it to the shoe shop to be patched up. I've added holes, had it stitched up, and most recently I had the buckle re-attached. I like that he used big brass rivets, rather than stitching it again. The last time the buckle had been stitched, the holes acted as a perforation guide for the whole thing to tear.

This belt bears all the wear marks from several years of weight loss success, and failure. I don't remember who made it, or when I got it, but it has been changed & repaired just like me.

Classic brown & brass, made from dual layers of leather glued, and later stitched together. The contrast stitching & slightly haphazard holes give it great character, and I like that it's stiff enough to maintain it's shape & hold up to being shoved through banded belt loops.

I'm hoping this latest fix keeps it in service a few more years, or at least long enough to see me back into the 'skinny holes'...

No comments: