Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

The 2012 Club Photo

It's sad how the thoughtless comments of two people can (almost) ruin an otherwise lovely day.

Some people think they are smart-ass-funny, witty, snide or even snarky in a "hip" way.

I may laugh it off when you make fun of my being fat - but that does not condone it, nor mean that I accept it when you say, "Oh, don't worry about it buddy, we're in the same boat". We're not. I'm not as unhappily negative as you - nor do I want to stoop to your level.

 

Yelling "Slow down, Tubby" from your dirty minivan (which was going 5mph under the speed limit) was really only pointing out how unhappy you are with your own life. Maybe that kid who wasn't seatbelted in was distracting you, maybe you're sad you're bald (please, tell us again how shaving your head is a 'statement'), or maybe you're just a playground bully who never quite grew up.

Either way, you should pay attention. That license plate frame says "MARINES" for a reason. That title wasn't given - it was earned. I may be older, fatter, and a little slower, but I'll bet you wouldn't say what you did if we were both stopped at a red light. Go on your way, Dude.

You might sting my feelings for a short time, but you'll always be a squidgy little man.

No comments: