Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Learning To Curse In Italian


Bookends
Originally uploaded by The Put-Man.



Monday the 24th, I had ROTTEN luck both Spiders...

The '69 "Red Barron" with the so-called minor brake issue continued to perplex me to the point of creative cursing.

And tool-throwing.

I got the replacement brake bracket, and even some brand new bolts (custom made thanks to STEVE!) - and I THOUGHT I was home free...

However, the Gods Of Fiat Repair had not been adequately appeased.

I could not for the love of FETTUCHINI ALFREDO, figure out how you push the piston back in the dang caliper???

More tools were thrown.

So...after 3 hours of heat, humidity, sweat, and horrid mosquito-feasting, I decided to go for a drive in the '83 "Blue Bomber" to relieve the tension...

...and that transmission I've been limping through the summer with...PLANNING on replacing it this winter...

...well...BLAMMO!

That transmission is now in FIAT heaven, and I found out that my collector-car insurance DOES in fact cover towing...(Thank you, Haggerty!)...they just don't promise how FAST it'll get there! Especially when one is in the middle of nowehere...and I thought Cooter in his Tow Truck was going to exclaim "Gee Whiz, I always wanted an excuse to buy me a METRIC set of tools!", but he was actually very nice, and he couldn't have been more careful when loading my Spider.

Giovanni stayed late at his shop to meet me, and I thought he was going to offer me a kleenex when I saw the price, but he was actually very well priced. Of course, he just HAPPENED to have a freshly rebuilt transmission laying around...

No comments: